Friday, January 30, 2009

Company Girl Coffee 1.30.09


Hi! I'm glad you stopped in! This week, Rachel Anne's Small Things actually turned into Big Things in our home. My husband last night just said, "Our house just seems so much nicer lately" Hmm.. I wonder if it has anything to do with Home Sanctuary.. of course it does! (;

Of course, my favorite thing this week was to chart out the basic plan for the week. I LOVE to do stuff like this, and anyone who truly knows me knows this! I'm a list/planning junkie! But in the midst of all of this, the most important Small Thing this week for me was Rachel Anne's plea to ask us to choose a standard for our home that works for us at this present season in our life. This is so true! My house, with three little ones, is not going to be spic and span sparkling clean, and that is okay for me right now. It's working. (This is not to say that it isn't possible-it's just not for me!) On the other hand, my standard is way higher than it was, say, four years ago when I was completing my Master's Degree with a one year old!! Yikes.
Another aspect of this is to set MY standard, not try to measure up to someone else's. We all have these people in our lives who set the bar reeeeally high. And to them, I say, Great! We should appreciate their efforts, and try not to be bitter or jealous toward them. But we also need to, as home keepers (full or part-time) set OUR standard and measure our house against that. That's it. It sounds so easy, huh?!!
I am so glad that we were given the Small Things we were given this week. Very "deep" and kinda puts everything in perspective! Well, I need to get going! Thanks for stopping in!
~Tricia


9 comments:

Dani said...

I love the small things, too! Makes me feel like I have accomplished one big thing :)

Les & Sweetie Berry said...

Isn't it just the best when our dear ones notice! I love your background and layout....sigh....so pretty!

secondofwett said...

Doesn't it make you feel good when your hubby notices....I know it's not suppose to matter but ...it does! Have a good week!

Regina said...

I love your blog background too! Cute!!!! You know sometime I feel that all the little extra things that I do around our house go unnoticed so many times. So when my hubby or even my kids say something about even the most trivil thing it just energizes me. Obviously your doing a great job so let me give you a pat on the back and say,"Job well done!"
Have a blessed weekend,
Regina

Rachel said...

Isn't it great to realize that your standard doesn't have to be the same as someone elses?

I also love the small things. They can make a big difference.

mholgate said...

I'm having so much fun coffee hopping this morning! :) What you said about living up to your own standard, not someone else's is so true. In this season of my life, I have to realize that toys aren't always going to be neat and organized, and laundry is going to be an on-going process! After all, toys are meant for playing, and clothes are meant for wearing!

Blessings! I look forward to getting to know you more over coffee. :)

-Melissa

Carol said...

I am a list junkie too. Congrats!

One More Equals Four said...

I have really loved this week, unlike you, I am not a list maker and some of this week was a challenge, but definitely worth it! What a blessing that your husband noticed your work!

Anonymous said...

Glad your house is nicer lately. =) The Small Things do add up.